View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 6:22 PM
bwiese's Avatar
bwiese bwiese is offline
I need a LIFE!!
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Jose
Posts: 26,975
iTrader: 3 / 100%

Originally Posted by heyjak View Post
So, if my SON in Texas sells a handgun (not on the Kali approved list) to me in Kalifornia, it will be legal if we use an FFL for the transfer?

....because that is exempt from matters of rostering per 12132PC due to 12078(c) PC 'interfamily exemption' The CA FFL is just used to keep the Feds happy for interstate transactions.

If your son were a CA resident, you wouldn't need an FFL as an intermediary.
You'd just need to hold a valid HSC card and send in a form to DOJ along with $19 fee.

And if that were your brother/sister, uncle, or cousin, etc instead of your son - it would not be the case - since only grandparents, parents, children & grandchildren are the authorized parties for exempt interfamily transfers.

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.