View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.W.M.V. View Post
He actually used one of the 4 UAV's our brigade had for inspecting the uniforms of soldier on patrol and in combat.
It was not uncommon for a platoon to be on patrol and their 7 element get a call from CSM *****ing him out because one of the joe's had his chinstrap loose/unbuttoned.
He took combat assets and used them to enforce 870-1 on soldiers in combat. Ya, kinda made me crazy.
Our CSM was chill but our BN CO was a total douche and did just what you were talking about. I was the RTO and I got the call from "Spader 7" (BN CO) himself chewing me out because he saw that I had my sleeves rolled midway to my elbow. First and last *** chewing I got over a radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba Steve33 View Post
My CO was a PL in the Korengal and was awarded a Silver Star before coming to us. Awesome guy.
Do you know what unit he was in when he was in the Korengal? I spent some time in the Korengal with 3BDE 1ID, just curious if I know him.

“Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." ~ Thomas Jefferson
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Benjamin Franklin