Thread: Calaveras
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 5:41 PM

Originally Posted by GREASY357 View Post
I want to get my CCW license in Calaveras county and am unsure of what to do. Do I have to go to the sheriff first? or do I print out the docs provided here fill them out and just drop them off to the sheriff? i really dont know where to start.
You can walk in to the Sheriff's Admin Office during normal business hours to pickup, fill out and turn in your initial application. They will call you to make an appointment when you are approved to do your livescan and check your guns. If you happen to live in Angels Camp, the only incorporated city in the county, you can apply with the Angels PD during normal business hours. I think the City's fees are a bit more than the County's fees, but the City allows 3 guns on your permit vs. 2 guns on a County permit.
All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell, Animal Farm

If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable what then? -George Orwell, 1984

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. -Captain Barbossa