View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 2:04 PM

Originally Posted by teh.killer.of.zombies View Post
Well this works as well. Let me say I did not have a male role model or father figure growing up. So I never was raised in this sense. I was told by my fiances step dad that this was true as well.

So that's why I am asking. Would you feel its to late to change her mindset? By becoming the alpha of the relationship? See I have tries once but very lightly. She was raised to be strong and show no emotion. That a guy will not provide anything for her that she cannot do on her own. Her mother has never told her " I love you ". She has expressed she feels like a dude and its hard for her to talk or for her to be sensitive to the issue.
You're not qualified to fix her issues and deciding to change the power structure without her consent, after 5 years isn't going to work.

Originally Posted by LdyApxr View Post
In our marriage, there is no Alpha. There shouldn't be one.
I strongly disagree with this. Every relationship is different. Truly, it's about finding what works for you.

No relationship is perfectly 50/50 and absolute equals. Relationships are like puzzle pieces, the voids in one piece are filled in by the matching piece.