View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 2:25 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Next up:

My latest addition, thanks to Michael/EBRWorks: Kushnapup, 18.25" Barrel Incl. perm'd flash hider, SGM Buttpad, custom rail, knurled charging handle, and currently wearing an EOTech. Picked this puppy up yesterday, and had it just about converted by days end. Not a hard conversion at all for the mechanically inclined. I spent the most time mounting the rail and tuning the trigger. I cut, filed, and polished the original trigger and assembled it sits at a solid 6 pound trigger pull with a very solid feel. The rail attachment went like this:

Drive out rear sight, grind off front bead (Just the tip for clearance), cut a length of machined steel picatinny rail to the right length, notched and round ends to fit the gun well, drilled, tapped, and countersunk front gas block, welded rear of rail to gas tub assembly.

I went ahead and increased the 4 gas ports from .060-ish to .093 to start with (judging from past experience with Saigas). Waiting on a 1/2" rail riser to put optic at proper height. The gun feels pretty back heavy, but one it is on your shoulder, it feel very good. I am very impressed with the feel of the gun overall, looking forward to shooting it! Here she is: