View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by beerbeer95648 View Post
Too soon? No.

I moved from Placer recently to El Dorado. I scheduled my initial appt once I knew my closing date. I scheduled it for the week after closing. I immediately changed my DMV registration and got a new one issued. When I had my first appt to turn in my application I only had my registration and my mortgage booklet. They could not accept the booklet, but started my process anyway. I then supplied the 2nd form of residency at the interview. DMV wouldn't issue a new drivers license with my address.
I showed up a week after my close with my mortgage insurance policy and various papers from the purchase of the home. My interview was friendly and generated a few eye rolls while discussing my Placer county experience. Spent about 30 min total.

I did my class again as I was denied a year ago by placer, and I am currently waiting out the 8 weeks. 1/2 way done tomorrow.

I encourage anyone currently lucky enough to live in EL Dorado County to apply or if you are looking to buy a home do what I did and get the hell out of those other counties if you can.
"You will see us move very quickly to gut the remnants of the assault weapon ban in California"- Gene Hoffman
SW 1911 PD w/crimson trace
Sig p250t .40 digital camo
16" EBR
18" 1187 super mag special purpose
Ruger m77 .270