View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 9:19 AM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidnK9s View Post
I've made the rounds and have no confidence in enough bodies to assist in this clean-up.

We'll have to get through August and plan one for early Fall. If by chance the range falls into closure for the fire-season, we can still have a clean-up, but no shooting and that, I feel, will yield even a lower turn-out.

As for the number of dumpsters, I can get up to 6 in a day, but I must be calling ahead to keep the turn-around going. We might have an easier time of arranging a tractor, fire-crew, etc... in the Fall.

As for the range improvements:

The video system is out due to high cost and bureaucratic paper-work.
not to mention would probably fall into the next concern...
New/more shooting tables... forget it, I will not bring anymore in for IDIOTS to blow the legs off.
dig
Covered firing line awning, see above.
dig
I might, however place metal silhouette targets, out at certain distances.
On this note - what about if one of us ( I can volunteer) assists with this and builds "concrete sinks" -- basically make a large hole, take the steel plate, put a 90degree bend in the bottom (or tack on some reebar - I dont weld but i have a buddy that does and owes me a favor) and then fill the 1-2foot cube hole w/ cement? Works great for outdoor motorcycle lock chocks - this would prevent theft of the plates
So that sit fore now. Comments welcome. Have a great summer and play safe.

Thanx,

Craig
comments in red