View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider1k View Post
This is probably a dumb question but I am extremely new to the AR world having mine for only about a month now. If this new law takes effect, what do I do to make my AR a featureless one?

if you just bought a new AR, then it shouldn't be named, so just make sure it conforms to the following standards and does not have any of the following "features":

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
A thumbhole stock.
A folding or telescoping stock.
A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
A flash suppressor.
A forward pistol grip.

A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

So if you have a typical over-the-counter BB-AR, you need to do the following:

Remove flash hider - replace with a real muzzlebrake or compensator or nothing (i opted for thread protector, which is pretty much nothing) check here for risk factors: https://sites.google.com/site/featur...muzzle-devices
Fixed stock - get an A2 stock or similar fixed stock, or pin your adjustable stock to become fixed.
Remove pistol grip - replace with Hammerhead, monsterman, solar tactical, home made grip fin etc. I opted to the hammerhead because it has a letter to the DOJ saying its not a PG.
Remove Forward Pistol Grip if you have one, and any other features in bold.

Last edited by Mossy Man; 07-06-2012 at 12:13 PM..