View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 8:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

At this point it’s a good idea to make yourself a drink, you’ll need it, trust me on this one.

It’s also helpful to measure what you traced in few spots to compare with original to make sure you’re on target. I feel that if it’s a 1/16” or so short, it’s actually good to keep things tight.

Once you got everything on paper (I used poster board) it’s time to cut it all out. I used an exacto knife and straightedge, but sharp scissors will work just fine.

In my case, I had a pretty simple set up in mind, so there aren’t that many options for me. However, now it is time to let your imagination wonder. If you have one rifle with multiple uppers, lowers, accessories, etc., lay it all out. If you have a bunch of accessories, it is helpful to take a picture of each set up you come up with and once you explored all possibilities, just scan through your pix and pick what works best for you.

Once you’re happy with your set up, lay the first piece you’ll cut and hold it in place. I had pushpins, so that’s what I used, but thumbtacks will work just as good.

Cut a pilot hole, sharp knife is helpful at this point as razor is not big enough to cut all the way through this piece of foam, but that’s all I had at the moment and didn’t feel like getting a knife.

Weapons Case Hotwire Foam Cutting

Quote:
We can't help you ignore yourself. - CGN
Quote:
Destruction is the way of life, destruction, mayhem, havoc, strife. - Bobby Blitz