View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 11:37 PM

Hi all, I am a newbie to the gun scene but I have been reading forum posts non-stop for the past couple of months. I am in the Elk Grove area. Originally, the plan was just to get a home defense weapon, but after going to the range to practice, I was hooked pretty quickly.

I am a geek at heart and love video games (not first/third person shooters though), anime, fast cars, and computers. I guess shooting pistols can now be added to that list.

I currently have a Ruger SR9c. I just purchased a Ruger SR22p a couple days ago, for the wife and son to use at the range. And also did my first PPT yesterday for an IMI Desert Eagle 50AE. So, I am looking forward to getting those out of gun jail soon.

Honestly, I doubt I'd pick up much more than this though. I really like the feel of firing the 9mm. I borrowed a Walther P22 from my father and the almost non existent feedback from the 22 just wasn't doing it for me. I bought the DE50 just to fire off once in a while for a wild thrill.

I go to The Gun Room indoor range as it's close by me. I am looking to try out Cordova outdoor range sometime though.