View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 8:36 PM
CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
i can awser that yes with a dremel router table and 1911 file ,IMO my frame/slide fit was as good or better then my Springfield ...

now i wont go into useing a dremel for the seat and feed ramp as that didnt go so well for me .... but thats part of learning and the frames where only 30 bucks a pop at the time ....lol

lets get back on track guys the proper tool is a keyway cutter but that does not remove all the metal , its only to hog out the majority then use a slide file and some lapping compound ..... heck if your teeth are sharp and strong enough chew them rails in ... point being not all of us have access to the proper tool, but dont say it cant be done or is going to be "half arsed" thats just your opinion as you have no idea what skill set any builder has to remove some metal ....

So hows them proto types comming ....

I would like to apologize for this sudden sidetrack event.

Please carry on.

PS. I have done it before in so many different ways

Once again my most sincere apologies for the inconvenient.

Respectfully.

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton