View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 4:35 PM
Veteran Member

I swapped to a Shilen SPR barrel and had them change the hand guard from a 12" to a 14" to cover the rifle length gas system.

I'm pretty certain you would be fine with the Wilson, but I wanted one AR15 that I would never want to "upgrade" again... like a completely finished, with everything top of the line stuff. Considering the rifle complete cost me somewhere north of $4,000 I figured what difference would $100 make?

I've pulled 0.4" moa groups with factory match loads. I bet with hand loads it'll do tighter.

Keep in mind, this sucker is heavy... it's more of a bench gun than anything else.

I'm building another setup with the Wilson barrel eventually for my hunting rig. I wouldn't be surprised if it could easily shoot sub-moa.
...Slow, deep breath in followed by two quick, shallow exhales, then one long breath out. It should sound like "HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo...HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo". Once your comfortable with that breathing pattern, try to sync the tempo up with your heart rate. "Lub-dub...HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo... etc". ~ CBruce