View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 10:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Emailed KTO to ask about the possibility of P228 and/or P229 80% frames. I'll let you all know when I hear back.

ETA: Here's the word from Rick at KTO:
The good news:
He says he's up for doing a run of 80% Sig frames
He says the frames he makes can be used to make a P226, 228, or 229 (we'll see how nick does with his I guess, assuming it is the same kind of KTO 80%)
He would have to submit a frame for BATFE for approval before entering production, but he has one on hand that he could use for this (interestingly, it is one of two frames that THEY returned to HIM already, after his last court case, so they presumably would have no problem getting approval)
The not-so-good news:
He does not have any of the fixtures or programs to make them any more, so he would have to build/code from scratch
Because of this, he would need a minimum order of 100 parts @ $250/ea in order to make it worth doing, This would be the cost for aluminum 80% frames. Steel would cost more, although I don't know how much.

So the ball is in our court. If there is enough interest at that price point, we can make it happen. If we want to go down that road, the sooner we can let him know, so that he can submit the sample to BATF, the better.
Thank you for doing that, Pat!

I'm making a P228 out of the current frame, but I lined up another frame. We'll see, if I can make a P229 out of that one. I have the slide, a .40 barrel, and most of the small parts. I'll let you guys know how that works out, but that'll be in a couple of months or so.
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.