I'll have to post new pictures since I've not been able to stop messing around with it. Since taking those pictures, I've added the dedicated Aimpoint mount which brings the red dot closer to the bore and also lightens it up some since there's a bit less hardware. It's a very clean looking mount. I've also disassembled the whole thing and buffed it all out to a mirror finish. It looks very shiny now! I've tried jeweling the bolt, and it looked really good, but it seemed to have worn off quite quickly since it rubs quite a lot on the receiver.
New pics to follow when I get a chance!
Good luck on your project and since you're in the O.C., let me know if I can be of any assistance!