View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 10:16 AM
CGN Contributor

Originally Posted by jsr3313 View Post
Ok, so...this is my current config (for the most part):
16" bbl, YHM flash hider, adj stock (not less than 30"), pistol grip, and rad-lock

Why does that mean I CAN'T use 30rd mags? I would think that if I DIDN'T have the rad-lock it would make more sense to not be allowed to use the full cap mags. I know it's CA, and I know it's stupid, but what's the reasoning? Why are we limited to 10rd mags, IF we have to use a tool to release it anyway? Again, wouldn't having it available without the rad-lock and having the full cap mags make it "worse?" ie illegal.
correct, you if you have a fixed-mag, it can't be over 10-rounds lest it be considered an AW.

Why? Because they wanted to ban those evil cheap SKS's with the banana-clips.

the fact that you could go featureless and run a large-cap mag either didn't cross their mind or they didn't want to ban your average mini-14 or M1a. that way they could claim that they were just going after the EBRs, not the pretty wood ones.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.