View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:26 AM
totus44's Avatar
totus44 totus44 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Escondido
Posts: 675
iTrader: 1 / 100%

Originally Posted by Cyc Wid It View Post
If you want to source the gun yourself, then you find a dealer who will do the transfer and conversion for you from the list. They will probably charge some sort of fee for this on top of the transfer fee. What may be easier is buying the gun directly from the dealer doing the conversion, since you won't have to deal with explaining the process to a vendor who doesn't know about the law. Either way you will then DROS the gun in single shot exempt form. After you take possession, you can convert it back to standard form.
OK thanks. So as an example, purchase the single shot version from Table Rock (Medford, OR) and have them ship to a FFL in Socal such as DAS (Solana Beach, CA) and then do the DROS there, wait 10 days and receive in single shot exempt form and then convert back to standard from myself. Question: will the seller/dealer include instructions on the 'reversion' or will it be obvious? Since it's a single shot exempt, will it come with the magazines or will these also be 'parted down'? If parted down, would they be 10 run or the higher capacity for the Gen4 Glock 17?

Sorry to be a PIA. After I get through this I'd be happy to post the step by step process I went through for other noobs like me.
Reply With Quote