View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerescuebatt07 View Post
I noticed last week Turners had a sell on hi point carbines. Were they modified in anyway? If I was going to bring in a hi point carbine 45acp would I have to do anything to it? or is it good to go. Been searching a lot for this topic and no joy. If anyone knows thankyou in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
yes, a stock Hi-point carbine is an AW. It has to be be modified so as to not be an AW to be legal in CA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerescuebatt07 View Post
Thank you Jack. Hmmm, now the big question is where to find the parts to make it Ca legal....Blah... Maybe I will search for something else. they are so hard to find, my local shop cannot get them. I found some back east but I'm sure they are unmodified
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGGUY View Post
The HiPoint has already been modified or else Turners wouldn't be able to sell it...
Like the majority of the semi-auto rifles we are selling, the Hi-Point carbines we sell have a "tool-detachable" magazine that makes them legal to sell. The standard magazine release button has been replaced by a button that requires the use of a tool to detach the magazine.

18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest Now Open

Store Location Info

Shop online at www.turners.com

Our Weekly Ad |