View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Firerescuebatt07 View Post
I noticed last week Turners had a sell on hi point carbines. Were they modified in anyway? If I was going to bring in a hi point carbine 45acp would I have to do anything to it? or is it good to go. Been searching a lot for this topic and no joy. If anyone knows thankyou in advance.
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
yes, a stock Hi-point carbine is an AW. It has to be be modified so as to not be an AW to be legal in CA.
Originally Posted by Firerescuebatt07 View Post
Thank you Jack. Hmmm, now the big question is where to find the parts to make it Ca legal....Blah... Maybe I will search for something else. they are so hard to find, my local shop cannot get them. I found some back east but I'm sure they are unmodified
Originally Posted by JAGGUY View Post
The HiPoint has already been modified or else Turners wouldn't be able to sell it...
Like the majority of the semi-auto rifles we are selling, the Hi-Point carbines we sell have a "tool-detachable" magazine that makes them legal to sell. The standard magazine release button has been replaced by a button that requires the use of a tool to detach the magazine.

18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest Now Open

Store Location Info

Shop online at

Our Weekly Ad |