View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeinLA View Post
I'm new to the whole gun thing but i'd like to say that the wait times at the turners near me are simply ridiculous. Ive been there 3 times, each at different times of the day and different days, and each time i waited at least 45 mins (once it was an hour and 15 mins). I was willing to wait bc of the great selection and prices, but the wait was extremely frustrating...

I will say, however, that once i got past the wait, the service was top notch. Each of the salespeople that i talked with was very friendly (not condescending/patronizing) and more than willing to spend alot of time with me. Now, i can see how its hard to have the great, patient service without the long waits, but now i dont go to turners just bc i think of all the time i'll spend just standing in line.

Not sure how you can speed up the line without impacting the great customer interaction other than hiring more people. I understand the costs and other factors that come with that statement, but thought i'd throw out my 0.02 since i really liked the people, but nowadays i dont really consider going to turners bc i'll end up wasting 1/2 my afternoon driving there and waiting in line.
My rant!

I too, have experienced this and much worse. I have done several dozen new purchases and PPT at various Turner's locations throughout the Southland. Everytime I am done with the transaction I leave with the opinion that this would be my last visit to this company!

I have had several transactions that have taken well over 2 hours with no clear justification. I met a friend in Pasadena earlier this year and had a similar situation. We were the first ones in through the door with no line of people behind us. We spent 2+ hours doing a simple PPT and got nothing but horrible attitudes while we were there!!! It was clearly stated to us that they lose money doing these transaction and this is why they have the bad attitudes. Don't get me wrong, I am nothing but super nice (brown noser) everytime I go to do these in fear that they will make me wait even longer, if that is even conceivable.

I tried changing the salesmans opinion that people like me ALWAYS buy several other items everytime I do a PPT. I have even bought some big ticket items from Turner's while doing the PPT. I tried to get them to see out of the box they viewed this whole transaction with no luck but plenty of attitude. Maybe I am too happy when I go to buy guns and that makes them mad???

The above referenced situation really has been a common occurance for me. The reason I chose to share this one was because of the circumstances of almost nobody else in the store and the time spent.

Another gripe I have is I ALWAYS get different rules and policies everytime I visit. I had bought a brand new XD last November and about 5 days into the DROS process I was in to do a PPT. Well, apparently I had to beg the person to accept my vehicle registration as a second form of ID. I had explained that I had the same paperwork from 5 days ago and almost didn't convince the person to go along with it. This almost blew the deal I had going via PPT, which is what I was feeling was the objective!!!!

I have a horror story for litterally every visit I purchased or did a PPT. I buy a lot of guns and avoid Turner's like the plague.

Now to point out some good things after all my horror stories. Turner's always has a good selection and generally has very competitive prices. Unfortunately for Turner's there are a lot of people out there like me.....I would rather go pay full price and deal with a store with no attitude and wait than get a deal and a headache! Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE I personally know has similar feelings about Turner's.

Now, a little more possitive. I am always a forgiving person and always give people second, third, fouth......chances. Please keep me on your list of notifications to let me know when things have changed and I will come buy another gun.

I hope this constructive criticism didn't hurt anyones feelings. I did not exagerate one bit and if anything, I was on the softer side of voicing my experiences!

Good luck and I hope things change back to the good.