View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Munk View Post
On the topic of transfers; would you be willing to change your pricing for dealer transfers?

I know PPT's are capped at the 25+10, but for other transfers you charge over 100$. This is very... prohibitive to getting me into your store. I've done a few dealer transfers in the past couple years and have avoided Turners because of the exhorbitant cost. I took my savings and bought a couple of accessories for each of the guns and some ammo. I'd have rather spent it at Turners since I'm rediculously close to one of your locations ( I live closer than every employee who works there to my knowledge).
Over the last 20 years, we've moved up and down on FFL transfer prices for a number of reasons. As it has become increasingly interesting (and expensive) to do business in CA, our transfer fees have gone up.

Today, we've focused our firearm business on the sale of new/used/consigned guns in our retail stores. Conducting transfers for guns sold outside of our stores is not our primary focus but moreover conducting those transfers cost us as much as the guns that are sold in our stores but just without the benefit of us being the primary seller.

By the way, we charge reduced fees for some types of transfers (LEO, military, industry partners and industry media, amongst others) and we charge no fees for transfers of guns sold/raffled/won at NRA/CRPA/DU/CWA/RMEF/SCI, etc. dinners and events.

18 Stores Located throughout SoCal
Oxnard | Reseda | Pasadena | West Covina
Torrance | Signal Hill | Fountain Valley
Norwalk | Orange | Chino Hills | Victorville
Rancho Cucamonga | San Bernardino | Corona
Temecula | San Marcos | Kearny Mesa
El Cajon | Lake Forest Now Open

Store Location Info

Shop online at

Our Weekly Ad |