View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 5:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Mental toughness comes from overcoming true adversity - physical and mental. You can't really teach it and to some degree you have it or you do not, but you can certainly get better at it through life experiences you choose to get involved in (say athletic pursuits or the military) and those that life throws you (say a bad accident and having to overcome extreme losses or ailments).

I thrive on mental toughness as part of my being and +20 years of hard competitive racing endeavors all over the world and challenging myself physically with these events coupled with some tragic or near tragic personal events in my life have really shown to me I possess this strength to a good degree and I value it deeply & respect it.

I also find, I seek out ways to continually challenge myself to make sure it is still there as having that mental fortitude is something I fear losing, so I push myself often into events or races or activities that are extreme to some - like running the R2R2R - just to see if I can pull through and as my buddy jokingly says "still have it".

WTS: Misc. AR15 Parts - UPDATED | Military grade ammo cans | 308 brass+links | WTB Aguila 12ga mini shells in bulk