View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 6:49 PM

Oh that brings back memories. I was curious about the Marines right after high school. Took the asvab and got the "that's the highest score we've ever seen" talk. Then it started. 2 highly motivated marine recruiters versus me. They offered to pick me up twice a week and take me anywhere I wanted, do pretty much whatever I wanted. I would have signed up except:

1) The story about Gunny Ramrod seemed a little too familiar (gets pissed off again, but this time steals an airplane and buzzes the control tower, making the controllers spill their coffee all over themselves).

2) The story about all the unprotected sex around the world. Sex is great, but it sounded like these guys were one of the primary vectors for std's.

3) The story about the promiscuous lady soldier with the graphic details about what they saw... nevermind... too painful to remember.

Joined the IDF instead. They didn't have to make up or embellish any stories at the recruiting office -- "Best little whorehouse in the Middle East."