View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 1:29 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeinLA View Post
I'm new to the whole gun thing but i'd like to say that the wait times at the turners near me are simply ridiculous. Ive been there 3 times, each at different times of the day and different days, and each time i waited at least 45 mins (once it was an hour and 15 mins). I was willing to wait bc of the great selection and prices, but the wait was extremely frustrating...

I will say, however, that once i got past the wait, the service was top notch. Each of the salespeople that i talked with was very friendly (not condescending/patronizing) and more than willing to spend alot of time with me. Now, i can see how its hard to have the great, patient service without the long waits, but now i dont go to turners just bc i think of all the time i'll spend just standing in line.

Not sure how you can speed up the line without impacting the great customer interaction other than hiring more people. I understand the costs and other factors that come with that statement, but thought i'd throw out my 0.02 since i really liked the people, but nowadays i dont really consider going to turners bc i'll end up wasting 1/2 my afternoon driving there and waiting in line.
While some of that wait is just a part of the sales and paperwork process, a lot of it is also dependent on our current retail system, which is being replaced in the next two months.

We are also getting our managers on track with training so that they can better manage things that take time and payroll away from the sales counter. And the new retail system should also help in that area as well so that more time can be spent on the sales counter instead of the office.