Took the Storm out this week, we are using a PX4 mag CX4 in .40 cal. it worked GREAT! I then put in the 9mm lock, and used a Beretta 92F magazine and it too worked great!
We are designing a lock for the .45 version, and a customer is having issues with the PX4 lock locking the magazine in an older CX4 storm 9mm. We are looking into that too.
The customer with the .45 found this verbiage on Beretta's website.
The Cx4 Storm was manufactured with multiple magazine well options:1) Px4 - This magazine well accepts Px4 magazines for use in Cx4 Storm however you may also purchase the 92/96 Insert to convert a 92/96 series magazine into a magazine that is compatible with the Px4 magazine well
2) 92/96 - This magazine well accepts 92/96 series magazines for use in the Cx4 Storm however you may purchase the Px4 Insert to convert a Px4 magazine into a magazine that is compatible with the 92/96 series magazine well
3) 8000 8040 - This magazine well accepts 8000 / 8040 series magazines for use in the Cx4 Storm however you may purchase the Px4 Insert to convert a Px4 magazine into a magazine that is compatible with the 8000 / 8040 series magazine well
Note: If you choose to use a magazine insert to convert a magazine to fit your Cx4 Storm, you will also need to purchase the required magazine button
1) Px4 - Product code # C89210
2) 92/96 - Product code # C89109
3) 8000 8040 - Product code # C89110"
So we have in stock the PX4 series locks and what seems to work in the PX4 rifle for the 92 mags. Have not checked 96 mags, but they seem to be the same as the 92.
Love this rifle.