Thread: Amador
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 6:51 PM

Default Amador CCW Course of Fire

For anyone who hasn't yet heard, the Amador County Sheriff's Department has revised their CCW range qualification requirements to the following:
  • 5 yards - shoot 5 rounds, reload, shoot five more rounds (12 seconds)
  • 10 yards - shoot 5 rounds, reload, shoot 5 more rounds (15 seconds)
  • 15 yards- shoot 5 rounds standing, reload, shoot 5 more rounds kneeling (18 seconds)
All of this is to be done on an NRA B27 target (or similar) and all 30 rounds must be in the "target zone". I just verified with Undersheriff Wegner that the "target zone" is considered to be anywhere in the body silhouette.
Due to the number of renewal applicants who are having trouble passing this course (the time more so than the accuracy), I am holding renewal courses that combine my standard 4 hour renewal course with my 4 hour pistol proficiency course. This is a nice added benefit for anyone looking to renew or anyone who's wanting to enhance their pistol proficiency skills.

Here's a link to my course description: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...22#post6320522

As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions - (209) 401-0907.
Wesley Lagomarsino, CA CCW Instructor - Alameda, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Shasta, Stanislaus, Yolo, Yuba, the Cities of Davis, Galt, Lodi, Stockton and Tracy ... and many more to come ... and Arizona, Florida, Nevada, Maine, Oregon, Utah & Virginia

www.LFIguns.com - serving the Central Valley, Foot Hills and Bay Area