View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Veteran Member

Default RICHMOND ROD & GUN - MULTI-GUN PRACTICE EVERY 1ST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH

Hey shooters,

let me tell y'all something...if you are interested in multi-gunning, and you have never been to a multi-gun match before, then you are definitely missing something! The RICHMOND ROD & GUN CLUB (click on the link) has started running a multi-gun practice stage every 1st Saturday of the month. (0930 to 1330 hours). This is the place to be if you have not found a place to practice your multi-gun skills. (Shotgun/AR Rifle).

Dan C arrived at approximately 0600 hours (this past Saturday) to start setting-up the multi-gun stage. If you attended this weekends practice, you will know that Dan did an exceptional job with everything. The stage was complex enough to make you think, yet easy enough to run it through in a speedy and fluid manner. (Speedy...if your rifle transitions, and your shotgun reloads, were up-to-par).

Everyone there had a great time this weekend. I met a few shooters who had never shot their shotguns in a "run and gun" venue - that left with huge grins on their faces. Some of the guys were solid blocks upon arrival, and were actually looking really good when they left at the end of the practice. Everyone had something good to say about this weekends practice session.

Between a great stage, and Dan's great tips and friendship, the practice sessions looks like they will be here to stay.

After the multi-gun practice, a bunch of us headed over to "Geoff's Playland". Geoff is planning to have the 200-yard range open the same Saturday the multi-gun practice will be held - from 1300 to 1600 hours. This Saturday Geoff had some nice drills for us to run. It was pretty fun, and entertaining as well. If y'all do not have a "true" 200-yard zero on your multi-gun long guns, or do not have practice moving and shooting at 200-yard distances...then come play.

Personally, I did not bring my long gun, as I primarily came to help Dan with the multi-gun set-up and stuff. But Greg and Dimo lent me their AR's (and ammo), and I was happy as a pig rollin in doo-doo. Thanks, shooters!!

Let me end with the core root of all this - good fellowship and practice!!

We, as a club, have decided to take the next step and allow a safe place for shooters to practice their 3-gunning skills. I know there are a few clubs around the SF Bay Area that have multi-gun matches...but I do not know of any clubs near SF (that I am aware of) that have stages set-up to let you practice with your multi-gun toys. Dan is a very experienced multi-gunner, and we also have national-level shooters (multi-gun, pistol, etc...) at our club as well. We defenitely have the experience to pull this off, and give you multi-gunners out there the ability to take your skills to the next level. Between the excellent stage set-up's, tips from the experienced national-level competitors, and a safe place to practice...it is a win-win situation for everyone.

As I said, as a club, we have the shooters who are willing to give of their personal time to help take you to the next level. Myself (and a few other club RO's) will also be taking the USPSA NROI Multi-Gun course shortly. So we will be up-to-par with the current USPSA NROI MG rulings as well. So not only will you get good practice, but you will also learn the USPSA rules for multi-gunning as well.

And lets not forget the fellowship. As shooters, we know our camps are small and tight-knit. The RRGC has great and friendly bunch of shooters here. (OK...most of us at least). So drop-in and rub shoulders for a while. Even if you do not shoot, but are interested, drop in and ask questions. When you get here, make sure to ask for the "Action Range". And don't forget your "eyes and ears"!!

If y'all have never come out before...come!

But let me end with a very importand note: YOU MUST BE CLASSIFIED IN ONE OF THE ACTION SHOOTING DISCIPLINES, OR BE AN ORIENTATION CLASS GRADUATE IN ORDER TO SHOOT...PERIOD. No exceptions!

If you try to sneak in, and get caught, the proper discipline will be distributed, with the possibility of getting permanently banned from the range. Safety is number one!

Hope to see y'all out there. (Again)?

In Christ: Raymond

Last edited by RaymondMillbrae; 04-04-2011 at 7:56 AM..