View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Utah legislation is NOT my area.

But - http://le.utah.gov/~2011/htmdoc/sbillhtm/sb0036s01.htm is the bill page; last status update was Feb 21.

A scan through the 3 Feb 2011 amended version appears to support NorCalCCW.
Quote:
74 (4) (a) In addition to meeting the other qualifications for the issuance of a concealed
75 firearm permit under this section, a nonresident applicant S. who resides in a state that
75a recognizes the validity of the Utah permit or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm
75b permit law .S shall:
76 (i) hold a current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit issued by the
77 appropriate permitting authority of the nonresident applicant's state of residency S. [ that recognizes
78 the validity of the Utah permit in that state or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm
79 permit law
] .S ; and
What's odd is that it doesn't say anything at all about non-resident applicants who do not hold a CCW from their state of residence, or who hold one from a state without reciprocity with Utah. Are such other nonresident applicants out of luck?

I don't know the Utah Code at all, so I can't tell if that's addressed elsewhere.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum - most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Heller was 2008. McDonald was 2010. Things started getting bad with GCA-1968.
It takes time to unwind 40 years of bad law.