View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Utah legislation is NOT my area.

But - http://le.utah.gov/~2011/htmdoc/sbillhtm/sb0036s01.htm is the bill page; last status update was Feb 21.

A scan through the 3 Feb 2011 amended version appears to support NorCalCCW.
Quote:
74 (4) (a) In addition to meeting the other qualifications for the issuance of a concealed
75 firearm permit under this section, a nonresident applicant S. who resides in a state that
75a recognizes the validity of the Utah permit or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm
75b permit law .S shall:
76 (i) hold a current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit issued by the
77 appropriate permitting authority of the nonresident applicant's state of residency S. [ that recognizes
78 the validity of the Utah permit in that state or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm
79 permit law
] .S ; and
What's odd is that it doesn't say anything at all about non-resident applicants who do not hold a CCW from their state of residence, or who hold one from a state without reciprocity with Utah. Are such other nonresident applicants out of luck?

I don't know the Utah Code at all, so I can't tell if that's addressed elsewhere.

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.