View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 9:52 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Arrow Here's the Bill

Thanks D-Man. I have posted a small portion of the ammended Bill which has already passed. Thanks for your input on this, but I posted because I DID read the Bill. It specifically states that a State which has NO reciprocity with UT will be effected. Again, this is the ammended Bill which has already passed both Houses, and is awaiting the Governor's signature. You can view the entire bill from my website. Yes, I have seen it on here many times before, but the Bill speaks for itself. I am simply informing people, as to the true and exact verbiage of this Bill. it's very clear that for future applicants, their state MUST have reciprocity, in order to apply for their permit. This is the Ammended Bill which has passed. If you have any questions, and are a certified UT Instructor, I would recommend calling UT BCI for clarification.

Senator John L. Valentine proposes the following substitute bill:
1 CONCEALED FIREARM ACT AMENDMENTS
2 2011 GENERAL SESSION
3 STATE OF UTAH
4 Chief Sponsor: John L. Valentine
5 House Sponsor: Curtis Oda
7 LONG TITLE
8 General Description:
9 This bill amends provisions of the Concealed Firearm Act related to the issuance of
10 concealed firearm permits to nonresidents.
11 Highlighted Provisions:
12 This bill:
13 < requires a nonresident applicant for a concealed firearm permit to hold a current
14 concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit from the applicant's state of
15 residency that recognizes the validity of the Utah permit in that state or has
16 reciprocity with the Utah concealed firearm permit law
; and
17 < requires a nonresident applicant to pay an additional $5 processing fee for the
18 issuance of the permit.