View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom1394 View Post
All these folks that are waiting for 'Good Cause' statements for a county:
California is a 'May Issue' state. The issuance of a CCW is entirely at the discretion of the Sheriff. A Self Defense' statement (from you) may not be accepted as valid while a 'Self Defense' statement from someone that carries forty thousand in cash about during the day or a retired LEO who can claim danger from folk that (s)he has dealt with in the past would be valid. LEGALLY...
Another 2-post armchair quarterback...

Retired law enforcement officers are considered as regular citizens for the purposes of Equal Protection. Silveira.

An authority who exercises discretion must apply that discretion equitably. Guillory.

The Second Amendment protects a fundamental right of self-defense, including by means of functional firearms for immediate use. Heller. McDonald.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.