View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfdwarrior View Post
Ok, I was denied by mail about two weeks ago and I applied for a CCW back in March of 2010 with the SJSO. It took that long because they wanted me to go through Lodi PD first and be denied, it took a few months just to get a call back from Chet Somera from Lodi PD and then got the run around from them.

I would also add the the cover letter Lodi PD sent with the application was very disrespectful and demeaning

Attachment 86559
Not that it helps now, or means that things are going to get better in Lodi, but Chet Somera is no longer in charge of CCW for LPD. Also, Benincasa retired, and they just hired a new Chief from the outside (Newark). Before Somera denied even giving me an application, I asked him how many issued CCW's existed in Lodi. He gave a long awkward pause, and said, "uhhhhhh probably around 40". I'm guessing it's more like 20. I'm pretty sure that if you are the man in charge of CCW permits for a population of roughly 70,000, and there are less than 40 issued permits, one would probably know the EXACT number.

Lodi is the Biggest Little City in CA, and they're not shy about informing you that they're smarter than you...