View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 1:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerTroop View Post
He reminded me that he's not anti gun, an NRA member,
All of that is IRRELEVANT if he doesn't issue permits to allow law-abiding residents to "bear arms" to defend their own lives. "not anti gun" may simply mean he is not for gun confiscation, which is a personal stance since he, in his capacity as sheriff, does not have the authority to do that even if he wanted to.

"NRA member" simply means he chose, for whatever reason (political points?), to send money to the NRA. That's all it takes. Issuing permits, or not, is where the rubber meets the road, is when the pudding is proven, or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerTroop View Post
but not exactly keen on everyone carrying.

The jist of the interview was him asking me why I, more than the average citizen, needs to carry. Basically, I had to elaborate on my good cause. There were other things discussed that were specific to me, but 99% of it was my good cause. He didn't seem interested in anything else.
The bolded parts are what I don't get. (1) 40 out of 50 states have gone Shall Issue, and in EVERY STATE, there haven't been any issues w/"everyone carrying." EVERY STATE from the Mississippi River west to the Pacific Ocean is Shall Issue and NONE of them have had any significant problems w/CCWers. People who have yet to be interviewed might want to tell him that and then ask him why he thinks people in his county will be any different.

(2) In my sig line I've got 35 examples -- can't add any more examples, that one post has reached its character limit -- of people who've saved lives because they CC'ed. IN NOT ONE CASE did the person know ahead of time that they'd need to carry that day. Putting that burden on applicants is BS. People who have yet to be interviewed may want to review my list (I'm sure there's more exhaustive lists somewhere on the web), and maybe even print it out to give to the sheriff to ask him why he demands evidence of heightened risk, a standard which would have caused many people to die in those examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
Supporting CGF at the expense of supporting NRA is wildly stupid. . . .

Never, ever, ever choose not to be an NRA member.

-Gene
180+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives. Crime Avoidance & Self-Defense Advice

Last edited by Paladin; 02-12-2011 at 1:02 PM..