Thread: Orange
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 8:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindRacer View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what was the 'theme' of your good cause. Just wondering what OCSD might be looking for.

For me personally, I'm 27, with a wife and 2 kids, who I would like to protect. I am also a photographer, and regularly carry around $4k+ worth of equipment in a relatively small, easy to carry bag.

I'm assuming that OCSD doesn't accept self defense alone yet, but would something like carrying $4k+ of equipment on a regular basis be enough? And if it were, would it only be for while I'd be working, or could it be at all times?
Just to point out how crazy Hutchen's CCW policy is, carrying 4k work of photography equipment might fly...but because you want to protect your wife and kids who are priceless that wouldn't. Just amazes me that there is more emphasis on personal property than lives. It's similar to people who carry large amounts of cash and get a CCW. Yet, if someone is stealing a 2k stereo out of a car you can't shoot them.
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?