View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 1:23 PM

I'd like to give a +1 to Ole Boy Outdoors. Not only is the indoor range absolutely top notch in my opinion, but they are a fine gun store and pro shop as well. I've bought two firearms from the friendly bunch there (my XD and my Citori). The staff is helpful and they really know their stuff.

That said I have also burnt a lot of powder at 5 Dogs. The trip is always fun and the folks there are friendly. Definitely stay for lunch and get the hot dog...well worth the 3 bucks.

If shotgun sports are your thing, the Kern County Gun Club out by Buena Vista Lake is an awesome facility with a number of areas for trap, skeet and sporting clays.

I've also had a lot of fun driving into the National Forest and setting up things to plink at in various places, or in driving into some of the BLM land on the west side of the valley as well. If you are going out there to shoot though, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pick up your empties and police your mess. Let's try to leave the wilder lands like we found them so everyone can enjoy them.
My collection:

Colt 1911 Government Series 80 .45ACP, Remington 700 SPS .308, Remington 870 Wingmaster 20 ga., Ruger SR-9, Ruger 10/22, Ruger Single Six, Winchester 9422 .22WMR, Frankenstein's AR-15 (16" carbine), Browning Citori White Hunter 12 gauge, Remington 870 Express Tactical 12 gauge, Browning Buckmark Camper .22 lr, Springfield XD 9mm, Remington SPS Varmint .22-250 with Nikon Monarch 5-20x scope.