11-27-2010, 9:50 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
Join Date: Oct 2005
Originally Posted by vico512
OK - gang. I've read so many strings (including the CGF Wiki) that, every time I think I've "got it", I read something else that adds to the confusion. So, here's the specifics:
I live in Washington State.
My son (in his mid-20s) lives in the LA area, and belongs to a club in Burbank.
I would like to buy him a Springfield XDm .45ACP.
- So, I purchase the gun here in Seattle, and
- also buy a couple of 10-round magazines for it.
- I find an FFL in the LA area that will accept it.
- I send it to the FFL with a clear statement that it's a gift, and who I am and who he is.
- [My son] has his HSC.
- He goes in and fills-out the paperwork, waits the 10 days, pays the fee and gets the handgun .
Do I have this correct, or am I missing something?
That's exactly right - I reformatted your post so the steps are clear, but you have all of them.
, Magazine Qs
, Knife laws
Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter
until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.
Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.
Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.