11-27-2010, 8:50 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
Join Date: Oct 2005
Originally Posted by vico512
OK - gang. I've read so many strings (including the CGF Wiki) that, every time I think I've "got it", I read something else that adds to the confusion. So, here's the specifics:
I live in Washington State.
My son (in his mid-20s) lives in the LA area, and belongs to a club in Burbank.
I would like to buy him a Springfield XDm .45ACP.
- So, I purchase the gun here in Seattle, and
- also buy a couple of 10-round magazines for it.
- I find an FFL in the LA area that will accept it.
- I send it to the FFL with a clear statement that it's a gift, and who I am and who he is.
- [My son] has his HSC.
- He goes in and fills-out the paperwork, waits the 10 days, pays the fee and gets the handgun .
Do I have this correct, or am I missing something?
That's exactly right - I reformatted your post so the steps are clear, but you have all of them.
Once again, we're in CA Bill Season.
There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.
Let us simply oppose them all - write, call, attend meetings with legislators and tell them they're wrong.
The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.
Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.