View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 10:51 AM
philobeddoe's Avatar
philobeddoe philobeddoe is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Venice
Posts: 2,029
iTrader: 17 / 100%

Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
it would have been nice if you had at least read the first post of this thread, where it explains that you can't do an intrafamily interstate transfer without using a CA FFL.

if you didn't use a CA FFL to facilitate the transfer, federal law was violated in the process, so it wasn't done legallly.

how do you figure. CA says that intrafamily handgun transfers have to be reported to CADOJ.

both options you mention violate federal law. In both cases, the out-of-state person violates federal law by transfering a firearm to a person of a different state, without using an FFL.

In the second case, if you bring a firearm you acquire out-of-state back to your home state, you also have violated federal law.

Thanks for the response, but you're wrong.

I pursued and prosecuted my transfers in full compliance with Federal and State Law, and in direct consultation with BATF and CA DOJ.