View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exklusve View Post
I bought a 870 express magnum 12g for HD and also to bring with me while camping and backpacking. I paid about $300 for the gun (back in 05).
I was deciding between the 12g and a 357mag wheel gun for this purchase.
I ended up going with the shotgun for versatility of ammo. I wouldn't have to worry if i was camping in bear area if I was loaded up with slugs. Plus for HD it's a no brainer to hit your target.
The only downsides with camping or backpacking is it's not as easy to have on your person and accessable as a handgun.

Hope this might help your decision.
Check out Breco in Clovis since you live in that area. (never have heard nothing but great things about Breco)
Theres also Mayfield on first and ashlan (i think??), Herb Bowers, another place on the south west corner of blackstone and herndon which I cannot remember the name.

Good luck man and welcome to the forums!
I thought about Breco when I got out of the office a little early today but was half way home and didn't want to run in and out. I think they close at 5 and it was about 4:15. Was never sure if that place was a gun shop or an art store... Guess it's both. The Blackstone/Herndon place I think is Fresno Firearms or something like that.

While the natives are off plundering the malls on Friday I'm going to try to get a little window shopping done.