View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Calguns Addict

Originally Posted by Wherryj View Post
I wonder if anyone realizes that even with a "few" CCWs granted in this county, they are mostly, if not all, "connected" people.

I know one of those holding a CCW in Alameda county. Strangely he lives in Contra Costa, but chooses to do some "consulting" for a SWAT team in the county. He does NOTHING relating to firearms, so he has less actual firearms knowledge than I do (I know, he was a former partner of mine).

He has the CCW, and brags about if frequently, because he somehow got a mean-nothing consulting job with a local SWAT team. These types of CCWs inflate the already ludicrously low CCW numbers in this county.

I suspect that if these are taken out, there may be ZERO in Alameda?
Unless he is a resident of Alameda county the only CCW they can issue to him is a 90 day permit and that is only good while in the county. It also requires his work be in Alameda county (though if he's consulting with SWAT, I suppose that is covered.) Additionally that 90 day permit must be paid for as a renewal every 90 days. I think it would be most helpful if you would PM or email the particulars to Brandon or Gray, it would make for a most interesting PRA, at the very least we'll know what name and information to look for when going through the large PRA dump that will eventually be forthcoming.
Coyote Point Armory
341 Beach Road
Burlingame CA 94010