View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 4:53 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALAK View Post
I downloaded the BATF form, which asks the applicant to identify his/her local CLEO. Do I just provide the name and address, or is it my responsibility to get the local CLEO sign off the form before I submit to BATF?
per the instructions, you just send a copy to the CLEO and note who you sent it to on the ATF copy. There is no need to get a CLEO sign off, and no spot on the form for you to do so if you tried.

Quote:
If not, does BATF contact my local CLEO upon receiving my application, wait for his/her signature of approval, then issue me the C&R license?

Jeff
BATF does not normally contact your CLEO for approval since no CLEO approva is neccessary. What the CLEO can do is contact BATF if there is a reason why BATF shouldn't approve it. For instance, your CLEO knows that you have a 5150 or have a Domestic VIolence conviction, they can contact BATF to make sure that BATF knows about it.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

FrontSight Training Course certificates available $25, PM for details on them and other options.
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.