View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 7:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyathyrio View Post
Randall, I appreciate your patience with me, I’m currently deployed and it’s kind of difficult to do research. I'm getting ready to place my remaining equipment orders, but still have a couple of questions for clarification...

I will be following your method for both 5.56 and 7.62 AR platforms, so full length resize and crimp will be required.

Since I'm doing two calibers, do you recommend a universal deprimer for sta 1 before the Dillon resize/trim station? If so, do you have a preference?

When reloading, you are using a 22-250 die to expand the neck without working the rest of the brass, can the Dillon size/decap dies for both calibers be raised enough to allow the same benefit while still sizing the neck so I don't have to lube cases again after the earlier resize and trim steps? If not, what die would you recommend to do the same with 7.62 as you are with the 5.56?

Thanks,
Mark
If I wrote this thread again, I would just say to use a Lyman M die as one of the two supporting dies in the trimming toolhead.
Then you don't need to worry about expanding the necks during the loading process.
I use an RCBS decapping die, but any decapping die would work just fine.

AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Glock, XD and M&P pistols, Benelli and Remington shotguns: barrel, sight, trigger and receiver work.
Most work performed while-you-wait, evening and weekend appointments available.
Founding member of the CAPRC