View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 3:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifle man View Post
New to calguns. Have read the flowchart..but not sure i understand it. Bought my stag
2ht ar15 at a gunshow in coasta mesa about two years ago. It came equiped with a bullet button. I was told by the salesman that with the bb makes the rifle cal legal and
also that the rifle could now possess all the nasty,except highcap mags.Im still very nervous transporting it to the range. Has anyone out there heard any thing from cal DA
or DOJ on the legality of the bullet button?
DOJ is silent on the issue. The only official response from them is "It is up to the 55 individual California District Attorneys"

WRT to the various DAs, people have been arrested for legal AR's and AK's equipped with a maglock.
To date, there have been zero successful prosecutions, and most recent cases have resulted in the charges being dropped after a phone call from one of the Calguns attorneys.

Both Sacramento PD and Orange County Sheriff have issued training memos informing the field officers that the bullet button is indeed within the boundaries of the law.

I printed out color copies of these memos, along with the flowchart, and laminated them to keep with me.
I also made 20 copies of all of the above in B&W to hand to any officer (or civilian) who may have questions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf OCBulletButton.pdf (2.79 MB, 299 views)
File Type: pdf Sacramento-PD-OLL_Training_Bulletin-2008-11-18.pdf (216.4 KB, 216 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA is our insurance against their success.