View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 10:55 PM
ke6guj's Avatar
ke6guj ke6guj is offline
CGN Contributor
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 909
Posts: 23,786
iTrader: 42 / 100%

Originally Posted by mtsul View Post
Just wondering but I thought intrafamily transfers of a long gun could be just "here you go son" and that was it, or is this different since its out of state?
Also if she came to CA with the gun couldent she just hand it to him and say "here you go son alls good and done"?

(I know only up or down Son to mother grandfather or vice-versa, and no side to side sister to brother)
no, federal law basically requires all transfers between residents of different state use an FFL to facilitate the transfer. There is no federal intrafamily exemption to that requirement.

It would be a federal crime for an non-CA-resident mother to transfer a firearm to a CA-resident, even if she was in CA at the time of transfer. She must use a CA FFL to transfer the firearm to a CA resident.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.