View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 7:45 PM
ke6guj's Avatar
ke6guj ke6guj is offline
CGN Contributor
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 909
Posts: 23,786
iTrader: 42 / 100%

Originally Posted by CBO View Post
How would I go about doing this legally while im in GA then? Just ffl it out there to one here? Or does she really have to travel to CA with it and do it here...she has already mentiond that doing this would make her very uncomfortable so that would be disappointing.
your mother can either ship it to a CA FFL (dealing with a CA FFL that understands the intrafamily exemption and is willing to accept a shipment from a non-licensee) and when you get back to CA, you deal with the DROS to get it transferd to you. OR, your mother brings it with her the next time she visits you in CA and hand-delivers it to your local FFL, who will then DROS it to you.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.