View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 6:38 PM
CBO CBO is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 46
iTrader: 5 / 100%

Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
OK, it sounds like mom is still alive. In that case, with her being a non-licensed (doesn't have an FFL) resident of GA, and you being a non-licensed resident of CA, it is a violation of Federal law for her to give you the rifle and for you to import it back to CA. You must use a CA FFL to facilitate the transfer from her to you. You can't just bring it back with your and fill out a CADOJ form. A CADOJ form does not exempt you from federal law, and there is no federal intrafamily exemption.
How would I go about doing this legally while im in GA then? Just ffl it out there to one here? Or does she really have to travel to CA with it and do it here...she has already mentiond that doing this would make her very uncomfortable so that would be disappointing.