View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 7:40 PM
CGN Contributor

I finally get to post in this thread.

It started around 3:30AM. I couldn't sleep, so I started to field strip my bedside gun, a Sig P226.

When I had it apart, I came across a photo of one which had the frame painted FDE. My god, I thought, I should do that to mine! After a few attempts to find someone local to Duracoat it and a lower for my absolute favorite AR, I found Todd Powers of Phantom Finishing. Todd Cerakoted both the frame and lower for a reasonable amount and with a quick turnaround.

I do not have the proper photography equipment to properly display how nice Todd's work came out. You have to see it in person, and I will be wearing it at the next Sacramento CalExpo Gun Show for all to see. If anyone wants to have a quality finish on their firearm Todd is the guy to do it.

Enough chat.

STOP!

Picture time.

Here is a closeup view of the painted sections.

Upper Parts List:

LMT 16" Carbine w/ LMT Enhanced BCG
Matech BUIS
Magpul MOE Forearm (Love it)
Eotech 512.A65
Badger Tac Latch

Lower Parts List:

Spikes Tactical ST-15 Lower
CMMG Standard LPK (I know, it will be upgraded soon)
AR Raddlock
A2 Stock
TangoDown Battlegrip
10/30 PMAG
Phase 5 Tactical EBRv2
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
Heavy Buffer
----------------------------
With my feet upon the ground, I move myself between the sound and Open wide to suck it in I feel It move across my skin

Last edited by Lateralus; 02-22-2010 at 7:46 PM..