Thread: Ccw
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 3:55 PM
Veteran Member

Best to carry or what to carry it in? Or both?

Carry what you shoot the best (accuracy, follow up shots, comfort, ...). Snubnose are great and 99% foolproof and in every flavor and design. Semi auto are, too, especially a quick reload.

CCW means it really needs to be concealed and accessible. I would shy away from the ankle holster as accessibility is somewhat problematic when you need it the most, YMMV (your mileage may vary). Have you considered the 5.11 Holster Shirt? I have this and it works pretty well for carrying it tucked away, under the arm. The shirt is a compression/lyca type, a pocket on either side. The S&W Snubbie will virtually disappear and reappear when needed. The other pocket can hold speed loader strips.

My cousin's wife has one and I'll ask her about her opinions. I'll update when I hear back from her.

OCM, I don't know where you're located but we have Newbie Shoot (no, we don't shoot Newbies!) every Second Saturday of the Month in San Jose (Norcal) ... That's Tonight! We bring and shoot just about everything, except Magnum and High Powered Rifle. If you're nearby us, come visit. Here's a Link.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=154445

"You know the real difference between you and me?"
"Yeah. Denial."

Toys I'm looking for (PPT/used): Ruger P93 (compact), Thompson Contender receiver and barrels

Stuff for sale:
WTS Beretta Tomcat Parts Kit Formica Sample Case