View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 8:43 AM
Banned

Hi Britbird -I sooo feel for you! I think it's so sweet that you're trying to take an interest in your husband's hobby and I totally understand the "being scared" part. I've been to the shooting range a total of 1 time so far. There must be some part of a guy in me, because I did have fun shooting, but there was a guy there with a shotgun and I was scared and didn't like it ever time he would fire. It was just too loud and everytime it seemed to just shake my entire body. I also wouldn't even try to shoot anything bigger than a "9", which already was a little scary for me to fire.

Everybody here keeps recommending you the 22. I'm not sure if you know... I just learned, but that is the caliber, and it is a tiny little bullet, about the size of your pinky nail. There is absolutely no kick when you fire that and it's so quiet. I couldn't even really hear it being shot with my ear protection on. I really hope you don't give up on this and think it's a power all women should at least master. I wish you the best!