View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 7:29 AM

These are the current misdemeanors that hold a lifetime ban regardless..

Assault with a firearm (§§ 12021(a)(1), 12001.6(a).) ((SO YOU CAN ASSAULT SOMEONE WITH A KNIFE, BOW, OR ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD AND GET YOUR RIGHT TO OWN AGAIN IN 10 YEARS, WHY THE DIFFERENCE... I MEAN YOUR NOT LIMITED TO USING A FORK AND SPOON TO EAT WITH THE REST OF YOUR LIFE?))

C Shooting at an inhabited or occupied dwelling house, building, vehicle, aircraft, misdemeanors or camper (§§ 246, 12021(a)(1),
12001.6(b).) ((KIND OF A STUPID THING TO TO ANYWAYS, BUT A LIFETIME?))

C Brandishing a firearm in presence of a peace officer (§§ 417(c), 12001.6(d), 12021(a)(1).) ((AGAIN STUPID THING TO DO, BUT WHEN YOU GET BACK YOUR VOTING RIGHTS, JURY DUTY RIGHTS... WHY NOT THE RIGHT TO ARM YOURSELF... YOU PAY TAXES TO SUPPORT YOUR COUNTY, STATE AND COUNTRY, SO WHY SHOULD YOU LOSE RIGHTS?))

C Two or more convictions of 417(a)(2) (§ 12021(a)(2).)
* A “misdemeanor crime of domestic violence” (§§ 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(33)(A), 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(9).) ((OKAY TO ME, IF YOU HAVE A HISORY OF DOING THINGS... THEN MAYBE IT WOULD BE TIME TO HAVE LIMITED RIGHTS))

But other than that, I agree if you can be trusted in society, then why take the right to arm against you? Again if you're a repeat offender, then thats where things scary and then you should have some limites removed, but again I too feel that if you're a criminal then you're going to be a criminal and if the state or feds remove your gun rights, you're going to get guns anyways... but if you make a mistake ONCE in your life then these limits are extreme. Again, these are the crime of doing a "wobbler" offense that is charged as a misdemeanor... and your right is removed FOREVER!