Originally Posted by wash
That's one of the problems but it's rather indirect and one vote either way wouldn't have changed a thing.
I think juries get ballots too (but I'm pretty sure felons don't get called for jury duty).
Per LA Superior court:
To qualify for jury duty, you must:
1. Be a citizen of the United States;
2. Be able to read and understand basic English;
3. Be a resident of the County of Los Angeles;
4. Be at least 18 years old; and
5. Not have been convicted of a felony or malfeasance in office. (If your rights have been restored by a pardon, or your record has been expunged, you may serve on a jury if you are otherwise qualified)