View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 7:39 PM
Banned

First off, OLL's are still in California largely due to the work of about five people. Bill is one of the main ones, so make sure you heed what he is saying.

I've also done my part too. In fact, I helped draft a petition to the OAL (California Office of Administrative Law) that prevented the DOJ from passing an underground regulation that would have taken a very restrictive view on the definition of "fixed magazine."

When Bill and I talk about this issue, we know what we are talking about.

That being said, I DID talk to your salesperson today. I didn't want to be a d*ck because his family was there, but I did tell him that he needed to have a MUCH STRONG DISCLAIMER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag Magnet View Post
What do you want? A handout to read before purchase?
Yes. It should state in LARGE BOLD LETTERS something along the lines of the following: THIS DEVICE MAY NOT BE USED IN CALIFORNIA EXCEPT ON .22 RIMFIRE FIRARMS. ILLEGAL USE OF THIS DEVICE IS A FELONY. I'm not giving you legal advice, so talk to your lawyer to get the exact wording that you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag Magnet View Post
I seem to recall a long time ago when an AR-type receiver was considered by many to be illegal. The CA AW law is poorly written, and even now a lot of guys do stuff (guns & stuff to guns) that is considered ok by some, not ok by others. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you are uncomfortable with an OLL rifle, buy a Ruger or Kel-Tec.
The above line simply isn't true. The law is very clear, and there are no gray areas. Based on our experience and research, we have determined that certain things are legally defensible, and other things ARE NOT LEGALLY DEFENSIBLE. Your device, if used in California on a centerfire BB-equipped OLL is 100 percent ILLEGAL, there is no gray area at all. Do not delude yourself that you are being in the gray area. There is no "gray area."

You need to make the above very clear to anyone who buys your device. IMHO, your device has limited usefulness, and is simply going to trip up some inexperienced noob. It is only a matter of time before I will hear about someone with one of these who got arrested.

I would suggest that you use your design and marketing skills to come up with a better bullet button, or something that helps people STAY LEGAL, instead of something that helps people BREAK THE LAW.