View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 4:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcalidave View Post
Damn. So I can't put a bullet button on a named RAW? That was the most exciting thing I'd heard in a long time!
No. 'Named' reg'd AWs do not lose their AW status by characteristic feature status.

There is a chance - DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, KIDDIES! - that a banned by name reg'd AW loses AW status if it's not semiautomatic (i.e, gas system removed, etc.)

A Category 3 reg'd AW, however, can have sufficient characteristic features removed, or other attributes changed [fixed mag, nonsemiauto, etc.] to pull it out of AW status for purposes of transport, shipment, etc. - though its registration just allows it to be reassembled into AW status again. [This is straight from former DOJ FD head Randy Rossi and former DOJ Asst Dir/Dept AG Tim Rieger, with a slough of witnesses including Don Kilmer and Jess Guy.]

One of the other "wonders of CA AW world" is that a good ol' regular non-AW semiauto rifle, with a legal hicap magazine inserted, becomes an AW if the hicap mag is fixed/screwed down (BB/maglock, etc.)

Bill Wiese
San Jose, CA

CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member

No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.