Thread: TEACH ME
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 8:21 AM

Hello,

May I invite you to spend a day (better yet, a weekend) east of San Diego, there is a very low cost ($5 per lady shooter) rifle marksmanship clinic this October 31-Nov1. The Appleseed Program teaches people how to shoot rifles. Bring a sack lunch; at noon we'll tell how New England farmers and their families dared to win this Liberty we enjoy.

If you do not have a rifle, just request it, and I will reserve a loaner rifle for you to use. Ammunition will cost $15 for the weekend, that's 500 rounds of 22 rimfire. 22 rimfire rifles offer very low noise, low recoil, and thus are great tools to learn the basics. You will be shown how to operate the rifle, and how to handle and shoot it safely. A long sleeve shirt is good to wear.

This is a great program for beginners, and many men, women, and kids who had no previous experience shooting have done quite well. You will leave the clinic knowing how to shoot a rifle well enough to teach others.

The clinic will be held in Dulzura, CA at the South Bay Rod and Gun Club,
event info and sign-up is all here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4053.0

I hope you can make it, and if you need a rifle, just ask. Bring friends, and we'll find rifles for them too if necessary.
(edit- to borrow a rifle, please make arrangements in advance, there is a limited number.)

Last edited by Francis Marion; 10-15-2009 at 8:42 AM..